Dr. Santiago Grigera
- Research Theme:
- Condensed Matter and Photonics
- Research Group:
- Hard Condensed Matter
- St. Andrews
- Email address:
- Telephone number:
- +44 (0)1334 463208
- School of Physics & Astronomy, Physical Science Building, North Haugh, St Andrews, KY16 9SS, United Kingdom
My general aim is to combine experimental and theoretical work to develop new methods to deal with complexity, and to make use of them to understand the natural world.
In the short term, my programme of research consists of the study of frustrated magnetic systems and of quantum critical points in correlated electron systems, and their effects and consequences in the properties of materials.
I lecture the course "Advanced Condensed Matter" for the Scottish Doctoral training centre in Condensed matter Physics (CM-DTC).
- Breakdown of a topological transition in two-dimensional spin-ice due to geometry effects DOI, The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, 91 (2018)
- Boundary conditions and the residual entropy of ice systems DOI, Physical Review. E, Statistical, nonlinear, and soft matter physics, 98, 4 (2018)
- Entropy as a function of magnetisation for a 2D spin-ice model exhibiting a Kasteleyn transition DOI, Journal of Physics Communications, 2, 8 (2018)
- Strain and vector magnetic field tuning of the anomalous phase in Sr3Ru2O7 DOI, Science Advances, 3, 2 (2017)
- Field-tuned order by disorder in frustrated Ising magnets with antiferromagnetic interactions DOI, Physical Review Letters, 117, 16 (2016)
- Intermediate magnetization state and competing orders in Dy2Ti2O7 and Ho2Ti2O7 DOI, Nature Communications, 7 (2016)
- Thermodynamics of the classical spin-ice model with nearest neighbour interactions using the Wang-Landau algorithm DOI, The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, 89, 2 (2016)
- Monopole ordered phases in dipolar and nearest-neighbors Ising pyrochlore DOI, Physical Review. B, Condensed matter and materials physics, 90, 18 (2014)
- Pressure study of nematicity and quantum criticality in Sr3Ru2O7 for an in-plane field DOI, Physical Review. B, Condensed matter and materials physics, 88, 23 (2013)
- Charge Ordering in a Pure Spin Model DOI, Physical Review Letters, 111, 14 (2013)