Dr. Santiago Grigera
- Research Theme:
- Condensed Matter and Photonics
- Research Group:
- Hard Condensed Matter
- St. Andrews
- Email address:
- Telephone number:
- +44 (0)1334 463208
- School of Physics & Astronomy, Physical Science Building, North Haugh, St Andrews, KY16 9SS, United Kingdom
My general aim is to combine experimental and theoretical work to develop new methods to deal with complexity, and to make use of them to understand the natural world.
In the short term, my programme of research consists of the study of frustrated magnetic systems and of quantum critical points in correlated electron systems, and their effects and consequences in the properties of materials.
I lecture the course "Advanced Condensed Matter" for the Scottish Doctoral training centre in Condensed matter Physics (CM-DTC).
- Strain and vector magnetic field tuning of the anomalous phase in Sr3Ru2O7 DOI, Science Advances, 3, 2 (2017)
- Field-tuned order by disorder in frustrated Ising magnets with antiferromagnetic interactions DOI, Physical Review Letters, 117, 16 (2016)
- Intermediate magnetization state and competing orders in Dy2Ti2O7 and Ho2Ti2O7 DOI, Nature Communications, 7 (2016)
- Thermodynamics of the classical spin-ice model with nearest neighbour interactions using the Wang-Landau algorithm DOI, The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, 89, 2 (2016)
- Monopole ordered phases in dipolar and nearest-neighbors Ising pyrochlore DOI, Physical Review. B, Condensed matter and materials physics, 90, 18 (2014)
- Pressure study of nematicity and quantum criticality in Sr3Ru2O7 for an in-plane field DOI, Physical Review. B, Condensed matter and materials physics, 88, 23 (2013)
- Charge Ordering in a Pure Spin Model DOI, Physical Review Letters, 111, 14 (2013)
- Study of the electronic nematic phase of Sr3Ru2O7 with precise control of the applied magnetic field vector DOI, Physical Review. B, Condensed matter and materials physics, 87, 16 (2013)
- High-temperature onset of field-induced transitions in the spin-ice compound Dy2Ti2O7 DOI, Physical Review. B, Condensed matter and materials physics, 86, 21 (2012)
- Fast sweep-rate plastic Faraday force magnetometer with simultaneous sample temperature measurement DOI, Review of Scientific Instruments, 83, 12 (2012)