Dr. Job Thijssen
- Research Theme:
- Condensed Matter and Photonics
- Research Group:
- Soft Matter, Statistical Physics and Biophysics
- Email address:
- Telephone number:
- +44 (0)131 650 5883
- School of Physics and Astronomy, James Clerk Maxwell Building, Peter Guthrie Tait Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3FD, United Kingdom
Dr. Thijssen is a postdoctoral research fellow developing soft materials, e.g. pastes and gels, for energy applications. He is an experimental physicist and materials scientist with a background in photonic colloidal crystals, colloids in external fields and (nano)particle-stabilized liquid-liquid composites (e.g. emulsions and bijels). He also has extensive expertise of various characterization techniques including confocal microscopy, light/X-ray scattering, electron microscopy and (interfacial) rheology.
Guest lectures on soft materials and/or energy.
- Solar Power: SUPA post-grad course.
- Probes of Soft Matter: SUPA post-grad course.
- Macromolecular Physics.
- Interfacial rheology of model particles at liquid interfaces and its relation to (bicontinuous) Pickering emulsions DOI, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 30 (2017)
- Hybrid Electrolytes with 3D Bicontinuous Ordered Ceramic and Polymer Microchannels for All-Solid-State Batteries DOI, Energy & Environmental Science, 11, p. 185-201 (2017)
- Interfacial rheology of sterically stabilized colloids at liquid interfaces and its effect on the stability of Pickering emulsions DOI, Langmuir (2017)
- Quantitative Morphological Characterization of Bicontinuous Pickering Emulsions via Interfacial Curvatures DOI, Soft Matter, 12, p. 4082-4092 (2016)
- Compressing a spinodal surface at fixed area: bijels in a centrifuge DOI, Soft Matter, 12, p. 4375-4383 (2016)
- Particle-size effects in the formation of bicontinuous Pickering emulsions DOI, Physical Review E - Statistical, Nonlinear and Soft Matter Physics, 92 (2015)
- Bicontinuous Emulsions Stabilized by Colloidal Particles DOI(2014)
- Making non-aqueous high internal phase Pickering emulsions: the influence of added polymer and drying DOI, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 6, 12 , p. 9214 (2014)
- Squeezing particle-stabilized emulsions into biliquid foams – equation of state DOI, Soft Matter, 9, 32 , p. 7757-7765 (2013)
- Making a Robust Interfacial Scaffold: Bijel Rheology and its Link to Processability DOI, Advanced Functional Materials, 23, 4 , p. 417-423 (2013)