Dr. Bruce Sinclair
- Research Theme:
- Condensed Matter and Photonics
- Research Group:
- St. Andrews
- Email address:
- Telephone number:
- +44 (0)1334 463118
- School of Physics & Astronomy, Physical Science Building, North Haugh, St Andrews, KY16 9SS, United Kingdom
Research related to physics education.
Formerly the physics and applications of ultra-miniature diode-pumped solid-state lasers,including microchip lasers.
Director of Teaching for the School, Coordinator of taught postgraduate programmes in photonics, Senior photonics lab head, Study abroad adviser, Careers link.
Lecturing, leading student-centred whole-class work, and small group tutorials in first, second, and third year. Lecturing at MPhys and MSc level. Laboratory leader in third and fourth year and taught postgrad labs.
Chair of the IOP Higher Education Group, Involvement with research and development of student learning experience.
- Problem-based labs and group projects in an introductory university physics course DOI, Physics Education, 47, 4 , p. 476-481 (2012)
- A new multimedia resource for teaching quantum mechanics concepts DOI, American Journal of Physics, 80, 2 , p. 148-153 (2012)
- Developing and evaluating animations for teaching quantum mechanics concepts DOI, European Journal of Physics, 31, 6 , p. 1441-1455 (2010)
- Research-Teaching Linkages: enhancing graduate attributes Physical Sciences, : Enhancing practice (2008)
- Compact and efficient single-frequency Nd:YVO4 laser with variable longitudinal-mode discrimination DOI, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, 17, p. 417-419 (2005)
- Experiment and modeling of a diode-pumped 1.3 mu m Nd : YVO4 laser passively Q-switched with PbS-doped glass DOI, Applied Physics B: Lasers and Optics, 79, p. 315-319 (2004)
- Diode-pumped Nd:YVO4 and Nd:KGd(WO4)2 1.3 μm lasers passively Q-switched with PbS-doped glass DOI, Applied Physics B: Lasers and Optics, 76, 3 , p. 253-256 (2003)
- Interactive Physics 2000, 6 (2003)
- PbS-doped phosphate glasses saturable absorbers for 1.3&956;m neodymium lasers, p. 113-114 (2003)
- The UK Learning and Teaching Support Network, 7 (2003)