Dr. Bernd Braunecker
- Research Theme:
- Condensed Matter and Photonics
- Research Group:
- Hard Condensed Matter
- St. Andrews
- Email address:
- Telephone number:
- +44 (0)1334 461673
- School of Physics & Astronomy, Physical Science Building, North Haugh, St Andrews, KY16 9SS, United Kingdom
Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics.
My main research interests are in the field of low dimensional systems and nanostructures, whose properties are shaped by the effect of electron interactions. Many of the topics I explore are motivated by the long-term goal of bringing quantum effects to applications such as quantum computing. My recent activities involve the study of self-organisation of magnetic moments in electron conductors leading to helical and topological phases and entanglement detection in nanostructures.
Lagrangian and Hamiltonian Dynamics, Advanced Condensed Matter Physics, Modern Topics of Condensed Matter Physics, Quantum Magnetism and Phase Transitions.
- Non-equilibrium charge dynamics in Majorana-Josephson devices DOI, Physical Review. B, Condensed matter and materials physics, 98, 22 (2018)
- Kinetic stabilization of 1D surface states near twin boundaries in noncentrosymmetric BiPd DOI, Physical Review Letters, 121 (2018)
- Tunneling spectroscopy between one-dimensional helical conductors DOI, Physical Review. B, Condensed matter and materials physics, 98, 11 (2018)
- Noncollinear spin-orbit magnetic fields in a carbon nanotube double quantum dot DOI, Physical Review Letters, 117 (2016)
- Non-Kondo many-body physics in a Majorana-based Kondo type system DOI, Physical Review. B, Condensed matter and materials physics, 94, 11 (2016)
- Self-stabilizing temperature driven crossover between topological and non-topological ordered phases in one-dimensional conductors DOI, Physical Review. B, Condensed matter and materials physics, 92 (2015)
- Intrinsic metastabilities in the charge configuration of a double quantum dot DOI, Physical Review Letters, 115, 10 (2015)
- Probing charge fluctuator correlations using quantum dot pairs DOI, Physical Review. B, Condensed matter and materials physics, 91, 24 (2015)
- Detection of spin entanglement via spin-charge separation in crossed Tomonaga-Luttinger liquids DOI, Physical Review Letters, 113 (2014)
- Spin filtering and entanglement detection due to spin-orbit interaction in carbon nanotube cross-junctions DOI, Physical Review. B, Condensed matter and materials physics, 88, 19 (2013)